Sign this petition to tell Congress that we need to expedite the growth of renewable energy in the US. We need to see Congress act to pass legislation that will help us transition to a cleaner, renewable energy future. Signing this petition sends an email to US Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D-NM), chair of the Senate Committee on Energy & Natural Resources, US Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA) and the House Energy & Commerce Committee.
This petition unites the voices of Americans who demand our leaders take seriously the energy and climate crisis and immediately work to implement the policies to move our country toward a sustainable future.
I WANT CONGRESS TO PASS A RENEWABLE ENERGY POLICY THAT:
• Mandates an aggressive RES (renewable electricity standard)
• Sets a limit and tax on greenhouse gas emissions, including carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane (CH4)
• Puts an end to subsidies for fossil fuels and nuclear power
• Provides incentives for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects
• Modernizes the electrical grid
• Provides market certainty to accelerate investment in renewable energy
• Invests in research and development for battery storage and renewable energy technologies
• Encourages distributed generation to help localize energy generation
• Defines renewable as non-combustion sources of energy
• Puts Americans back to work by creating green jobs and a sustainable economy
• Makes the U.S. a leader in fighting climate change and global warming
• Puts the health of people and the planet before corporate profits
To sign the petition click here.
The Editorial Team at SolarFeeds is made up of knowledgeable solar industry insiders and experts who have a passion to share valuable, helpful and educational information. Aiming at becoming the best place to learn solar, the publication partners with industry thought leaders, journalists and influencers. If you want to publish your articles on SolarFeeds Magazine, click here.