Today is National Shout Out For Solar Day! Despite its tremendous popularity, as well as its importance to the U.S. economy and our environment, solar energy is facing an uncertain future in Washington, D.C. and in some state capitals. It’s critically important to show your support for solar by urging your friends, family, neighbors and coworkers to “#GoSolar #USA!” Help us spread the word on Twitter by using some of the sample tweets below.
- Click to Tweet: Shout Out for Solar! The #solar industry is 3X as big as 3 yrs ago and can power 4 million homes! www.americasupportssolar.org #gosolar
- Click to Tweet: Here’s a Shout Out to the nearly 175k men and women working in the #solar industry today! #GoSolar americasupportssolar.org
- Click to Tweet: I’m Shouting Out for #Solar because of nearly 20 MILLION TONS less carbon in the environment every year! Americasupportssolar.org #gosolar
- Click to Tweet: Shout Out for #Solar today and say you support clean #energy for our environment, economy and future! #GoSolar Americasupportssolar.org
- Click to Tweet: Shout Out for the half a million #homeowners who have chosen to #GoSolar, protecting the environment and improving the economy!
- Click to Tweet: Solar Tweeps: Raise your hand(le) if you #supportsolar and give a Shout Out for #Solar today! #GoSolar www.americasupportssolar.org
- Click to Tweet and then fill in with the Twitter user of your choice: I know the [@NHL] supports #solar! Can we get a Shout Out for Solar from them today? #GoSolar americasupportssolar.org
2014 was a year of tremendous growth for the U.S. solar industry. Today, there’s an estimated 20 gigawatts (GW) of installed capacity in the United States – enough to power 4 million American homes, or every home in a state the size of Massachusetts or New Jersey.
This unprecedented growth is helping to create tens of thousands of American jobs, save hundreds of millions of dollars for U.S. consumers and businesses, and reduce pollution nationwide. And, frankly, we’re just scratching the surface of our industry’s enormous potential.
To help celebrate this remarkable progress, lay the foundation for an even brighter future and send an important message to policymakers nationwide, we need to show the world how much public support this crucial technology enjoys. Help us spread the word by shouting #GoSolar from the rooftops on January 16th!
Click here to download a handy factsheet on Shout Out For Solar Day. If you want to learn more about how solar is powering America, we’ve created an educational website: America Supports Solar. Check it out!
How To Participate
The Editorial Team at SolarFeeds is made up of knowledgeable solar industry insiders and experts who have a passion to share valuable, helpful and educational information. Aiming at becoming the best place to learn solar, the publication partners with industry thought leaders, journalists and influencers. If you want to publish your articles on SolarFeeds Magazine, click here.