As reported in an April 30, 2012 Environmental Leader article, 72 percent of US companies say sustainability influences their purchasing decisions and is an important factor when selecting a service provider. Outside of the US, 91 percent of the companies polled said sustainability was part of their purchasing decisions. These numbers are from a survey called 2012 Rackspace Green Survey from cloud computing firm Rackspace Hosting.
- 26 percent of respondents said cost considerations outweighed environmental factors when purchasing products and services;
- 54 percent of companies said when two purchasing choices are equal (including cost), the greener product or service is better;
- 20 percent said when two purchasing choices are not equal, greener is better;
- 17 percent of companies said sustainability is a standard part of their request for information, proposal or quote system;
- 59 percent of companies said they consider sustainability periodically for specific types of purchases.
The Editorial Team at SolarFeeds is made up of knowledgeable solar industry insiders and experts who have a passion to share valuable, helpful and educational information. Aiming at becoming the best place to learn solar, the publication partners with industry thought leaders, journalists and influencers. If you want to publish your articles on SolarFeeds Magazine, click here.